While we really encourage you to contact us for specialised twin loss support, we also know that some of you would like to be able to meet with other bereaved parents in your own local community. After you contact us, if you want us to, we try to match you up with others within our group who might be in or have been in a similar situation. Sometimes, you might want to go to a meeting of bereaved parents so we have begun a list of other groups operating around New Zealand which also might be of use to contact.
- You are welcome to join our new Facebook group.
- In Auckland, Twin Loss NZ run an Angel Friends coffee morning. We are an informal get together of those who have lost twins. We meet in the friendly environment of each others’ homes. Preschoolers are most welcome to come and play while we share our thoughts and feelings over a shared morning tea. Email us at email@example.com for more details.
- Throughout New Zealand Sands (Stillbirth and Newborn death Support) have groups which may hold meetings in your area. Go to www.sands.org.nz for more details.
- In Wellington there is a Compassionate Friends meeting at the Te Awa Kairangi community Rooms, Laings Rd Lower Hutt. Held once a month in the evenings. Please email Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org Also some of the mums in the area get together for coffee occasionally.
- In Timaru, one of our twin loss members, Angie is also the contact for Sands . Email her at email@example.com for details about meetings in this area.
- In the Hawkes Bay, we have a mum who would like to start a coffee morning. Please email us if you are interested in meeting in this area.